Cenote Angelita – Cenote Diving
Is not a typical cenote dive, but is an amazing experience.
For advance divers only; the maximum depth is 58 meters/180 feet.
After a 5 minutes walk trough the jungle you reach the circular shape cenote, once living the surface you dive in a very clear water until you sink into a hydrogen sulphate layer at 30 meters/95 feet.
Just under the clouds the salt water begins and giving the diver a mystical feeling. During the ascent you will fly on the cloud and alongside the walls can admire huge stalactites, hanging from the edge.
This cenote is sited 17 km south of Tulum and is the furthest spot visited from Playa del Carmen.
Snorkelling – NO
Scuba diving – YES
Cave diving – NO
Technical diving – YES
- Natural Daylight
- Maximum 60 metri/200feet distance from the surface
- Maximum depth 21 metri/70 feet
- Minimum visibility 15 metri/50 feet
- Areas where 2 divers can pass comfortably
- No Decompression Diving
- Within “Arms Length” of the guideline
- Not beyond Warning sign
- Air rule of 3rds, exiting with min. 60 bar/900 psi