Cenote Ponderosa – Cenote Diving
Located 28 Km from Playa del Carmen this cenote gives us an amazing view. It is like a huge swimming pool in the middle of the jungle, it is perfect for snorkeling, cavern diving and cave diving.
During the dive we pass trough a big tunnel directly connected with the Cenote Corral is here that we spend a lot of part of the dive passing in spots with strong halocline and shallow places with beautiful light show.
With a maximum depth of 14 meters/45 feet and a lot of shallow places this dive is perfect even for the inexperienced divers.
Snorkeling – NO
Scuba diving – SI
Cave diving – SI
- Natural Daylight
- Maximum 60 metri/200feet distance from the surface
- Maximum depth 21 metri/70 feet
- Minimum visibility 15 metri/50 feet
- Areas where 2 divers can pass comfortably
- No Decompression Diving
- Within “Arms Length” of the guideline
- Not beyond Warning sign
- Air rule of 3rds, exiting with min. 60 bar/900 psi