Gran Cenote – Cenote Diving
This cenote is part of the system Sac Aktun which means white cave in Maya. In 2007 a team of cave diver discover the connection between this system and Nohoch Nah Chich and now we have the biggest system of underwater caves in the wold (157km ).
Gran Cenote is located 4 km outside Tulum in Coba direction. The cavern dive is along the edge of the circular cenote with a maximum depth of 10 meters/32 feet.
Perfect buoyancy is required as the passages are very decorated; in sunny days light show are amazing and you can dive in crystal water.
Snorkelers can find a perfect spot to spend their time.
Snorkeling – YES
Scuba diving – YES
Cave diving – YES
- Natural Daylight
- Maximum 60 meters/200feet distance from the surface
- Maximum depth 21 meters/70 feet
- Minimum visibility 15 meters/50 feet
- Areas where 2 divers can pass comfortably
- No Decompression Diving
- Within “Arms Length” of the guideline
- Not beyond Warning sign
- Air rule of 3rds, exiting with min. 60 bar/900 psi